Re: Need more detail.

From: Alejandro Imass
Subject: Re: Need more detail.
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

> It does seem possible that the server could be
> extended to provide DII
> interface.  Andrew would have to comment on this.

IMHO I have never thought (from the very beginning)
that DII is very useful (at least not at first), if
the applications come somehow from the same team (or
provider). If there is no problem in obtaining the IDL
then there should be no problem (and if code well
enough) in recompiling when someone changes. This in
my small experiments is inevitable if you use the
Static Approach. Frankly I have never used the DII
mechanism, and my CORBA exposure is scarce.
Nevertheless it's  the conclusion from my small
experiments w/ Orbit.

Regards,
Alejandro