Re: Kudos - keep up the hard work!

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: Kudos - keep up the hard work!
Date: 19 Oct 2002 08:10:48 -0700

Being free software you will likely never see 'dates'.  That is for
proprietary marketing. ;)  Roadmaps should serve as a path for
developers to follow and an expectation for users to know what is there.

I think most of the reluctancy of GNUe Developers to roadmaps thus far,
is this over whelming fear that if roadmaps exist then people will force
the issue of dates.  When you are a volunteer without repayment often
times this makes things no fun, as then its like work. :)

So while I am advocating strong roadmaps, I have no intention to push
putting dates on them. :)