[GNUe] Re:Proposal for ITEM package

From: Paul T. Juckniess
Subject: [GNUe] Re:Proposal for ITEM package
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:51:33 -0600 (CST)

Kilo,

This sounds like you are looking to start to define what might
be called an item master?  I can think of a few considerations
in how to approach this.

First, an enterprise uses and sell products but they also deal in
providing
services.  Would you desire the set up services in the same basic gcd?
I've not looked closely at what a gcd really is and how or if they can be
extended.

Second ,
Is scope of this gcd.  Are you looking to create a base for the entire
enterprise.  I would think if this is true then some type of gcd would be
used
for what would represent a individual warehouse or storage entity.  This
would
allow for different modeling that is needed to create and enforce business
rules as needed.

Based upon my thoughts above:

>Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:35:15 +0100 (CET)
>From: kilo <address@hidden>
>Subject: [GNUe] Proposal for ITEM package
>To: address@hidden
>Cc: address@hidden
>
>Hi
>
>recently I've committed a stripped-down version of item.gcd
>to gnue-packages/base/item.
>It represents an ITEM, the basic atomic element for any
>financial,
>manufacturing, sales, supply chain, etc. part of an ERP.
>It is very very much stripped down at the moment, and I
>would like to ask
>everyone to share your thoughts about what it should also
>contain.
>
>As I envision this thing, I can think of:
>
>* price info more complex (base qty, min qty, max qty, min
>amount, max amount)
 - Min , max sounds like planning information.  Might be a base
   to default off of when adding different warehouses.

>* lot ifentification (lot number, expiry date)
 - Lot and expire date belongs with an inventory value wwhich
   would not be in the item masters.

>* commodity classification (nature, cargo type, code)
>* hazardous item info
>* tax category / categories?
>* origin country
 - This is a real pain to deal with but this should also be associated
   with inventories

>* sales conditions
 - I'm thinking a pricing module?
>* different identification codes by
>    standard
>    manufacturer
>    catalogue
>    buyer
>    seller
>    additional
>
>    each identification code would include
>    * id
>    * issuer
>    * physical attributes
>    * measurement dimension
>

>Please comment
>
>kilo
>Gabor Kmetyko

In other thoughts it would be a good idea to look at
http://www.uc-council.org and http://www.supply-chain.org
for naming fields and other ideas as what and where to include it.
of fields and what they are used for.

Some UML diagraming posted on
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view
 might a be a good way to express what is tring to be

Paul T. Juckniess III               | Thunder is impressive. But it is
address@hidden                   | lightning that does the work.
Voice: (573) 886-1214               |                 Mark Twain