Re: [GNUe] Re:Proposal for ITEM package

From: malek
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Re:Proposal for ITEM package
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:02:28 +0100

Quoting Reinhard Mueller <address@hidden>:

> Am Die, den 23.11.2004 schrieb Paul T. Juckniess um 17:51:
> > >* price info more complex (base qty, min qty, max qty, min
> > >amount, max amount)
> >  - Min , max sounds like planning information.  Might be a base
> >    to default off of when adding different warehouses.
>
> Yes, I agree with that.
>
> > >* lot ifentification (lot number, expiry date)
> >  - Lot and expire date belongs with an inventory value wwhich
> >    would not be in the item masters.
>
> Ditto
>
> > >* commodity classification (nature, cargo type, code)
> > >* hazardous item info
> > >* tax category / categories?
> > >* origin country
> >  - This is a real pain to deal with but this should also be associated
> >    with inventories
>
> Here, I don't really see how this could be different within a specific
> item.

sales distribution channel??. think small international company that has to deal
with different laws and/or different pricing scheme (based on
region/country/whatever) (or i didn't understand the first comment. if so
sorry.)

> > >* sales conditions
> >  - I'm thinking a pricing module?
>
> Yes. However, many small companies work with only a single price (or at
> least a price that holds for the vast majority of cutomers), and they
> would possibly prefer to have *that* price in the main item record.

yeah but even if you work with a single price, there are always cases where a
sales representative has dealt something different,  based on qty or whatever
one can come up with. so i think price determination module as standard is
mandatory even in small business cases.

lekma