Re: [gnugo-devel] SGMP patch and windows redirect program for use on Gif

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] SGMP patch and windows redirect program for use on Gifu
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:13:27 +0000

Dan wrote:
> > Here is the patch from Paul which adds a new mode SGMP (simplified GMP)
> > to meet gifu requirement. It can be run like:
> >
> > gnugo --mode gmp
> >
> > There is also a pike script to pipe two gnugo together to play a game.
> > For debugging purpose, you can simply change "int gmp_debug = 0;" to "int
> > gmp_debug = 1;" in interface/gmp.c.
>
> Paul, is it your intention that we put this patch into the cvs or
> is this just for Gifu?

i don't know.  i think we can live either way.  basically, it
would depend on whether gifu rules are only gifu rules or they
are (will be) used in some other tournaments.

btw, Gunnar mentioned that "sgmp" is quite ambiguous.  i chose
it as an abbreviation for "simplified gmp", but apparently gmp
itself is often reffered to as "standard gmp" - also "sgmp".
Gunnar proposed to rename it into "gifu".  another option would
be "mgmp" for "modified gmp", but "gifu" sounds better indeed.
anyway, this only really matters if the patch is put in cvs.

Paul