Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: [gnugo-announce] GNU Go 3.5.8

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: [gnugo-announce] GNU Go 3.5.8
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:48:15 -0400

>I can see there are two new files (makefile.am and makefile.in) in the
>cvs, but patterns.dsp is still the old one. I'm not sure how to convert
>the changes in makefile to patterns.dsp. It seems that the options of
>mkpat.exe are changed a little bit, but there could be more changes. By
>the way, how was patterns.dsp originally created?

It was originally created before my time on the project, but I imagine that
it was manually created in Visual Studio, and was designed to do the same
thing as the makefiles.

VC doesn't seem to support the oracle, in particular, there is no
corresponding build step for this:
Makefile.in     ./mkpat -b oracle -i $(srcdir)/oracle.db -o oraclepat.c

I've checked the mkpat calls in patterns.dsp against the makefiles, and
they look to be in sync.  I think the recent makefile changes were to use
-i & -o for input and output files, which was actually implemented quite a
while ago in the VC files.

However, the joseki calls were out of sync, as you can see in this
patch:
http://www.public32.com/games/go/vc_5_8.1
(maintainers: watch out for those pesky DOS CR/LF)

I've successfully done a build, though I've not run the regressions.

Here's a minor update to the WINDOWS documentation.  Most notably, it
removes the explicit mention of how to build the pattern files.  No one should
try this manually, and the list was quite out of date, too.
http://www.public32.com/games/go/trevor_5_8.1

-Trevor