Re: [gnugo-devel] Optics improvement

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Optics improvement
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:37:28 +0200

Martin Holters wrote:
> I have tried to make GNU Go handle eye spaces like
>
> .....OOOOO
> .OOOO.XX.O
> .OXXXX.X.O
> .OX.OOOX.O
>
> better, which was previously considered unconditionally alive (in seki).

This is a common subcase of what I always wanted to implement, but never
got around to.  Taking into account that I work full-time since recently
and that I'm generally not active with GNU Go, I will hardly try again to
implement a more general solution anywhen in the next few years. ;)

So, if this works more often then not (which, judging by the breakage, it
does), I'm for putting this into GNU Go.  With Gunnar we have two thumbs
up from maintainers now.

Paul