Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:30:07 +0100

Dan wrote:
Gunnar wrote:
I have also posted an updated cmake configuration patch at http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/attachment/ticket/191/cmake_7_12.1b.diff which fixes some problems but also replaces the HAVE_VISUAL_C symbol with actual configure tests to check existence of specific header files.

Are you proposing to make the cmake build an alternative or to
make it replace the existing project files, which I suppose would
then be removed from the distribution?

I'm looking for a solution that allows us to replace the existing project files (and remove them). It looks like cmake may provide a far more maintainable MSVC build.