Re: [gnugo-devel] Revise TODO?

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Revise TODO?
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 01:22:19 +0100

Le vendredi 9 novembre 2007, Gunnar Farnebäck a écrit :
> As mentioned in a previous message I'm not content with the state of
> our TODO list and I think it's in a rather bad need of revision. I'll
> start by stating my opinions on the current items. Please comment.

Maybe add somewhere a section "Known weakness" or "Simplifications" with
 short comment if needed (in the trac wiki or in Doc...):
 - intransitivity in connection
        - group A is connected (cannot be cut) to B
        - B is connected to C
        GNU Go _assumes_ that A is connected to C, and this can be false
        http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/ticket/153

This was obvious for Nando, whereas i was thinking a lot to
understand the problem and try to begin investigations.

 - underestimate danger when surrounded at some distance
        there are tons of example where a dragon_status suddenly change from
        "alive" to "dead" after one move. It would be better to have an
        intermediate step with "unknown" (easy to say, hard to program :)

Alain