Re: Tasks roadmap -- [mobile devices]: Cancelling the XHTML task. Moving

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Tasks roadmap -- [mobile devices]: Cancelling the XHTML task. Moving to HTML 4.01 Strict
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:28:13 +0100

Davi Leal wrote:
> We should get XHTML working before doing others tasks.  David, if you want
> I can help you. Let me know what I must do.

At internet, you can read articles as this one:

  "It is important to note that XHTML has been chosen as the markup
   language of the future for all Web content (fixed and mobile) by
   standards bodies such W3C and OMA."

   July 2004

Ref.:
http://sw.nokia.com/id/6938f799-c773-48b6-9017-33d496d0b4e6/BrowsingOnMobileDevicesWP_July04.pdf

However, it seems such information is obsolete. The reality is that mobile
devices does not work with XHTML:

  Results of mobile tests

  http://simon.html5.org/articles/mobile-results

  "the claim that XHTML would be needed for mobile devices
   is simply a myth."

So that is why the W3C just started a new working group to work on a new
version of _non-XHTML_ HTML.  And that information is current, dated at March
7th, 2007!.

  http://www.w3.org/html/

  March 7th, 2007

P.S.: Just my opinion. Flames are not only welcome but also needed.

Best regards,
Davi