Re: HTML 4.01 Strict ~= XHTML 1.0 Strict

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: HTML 4.01 Strict ~= XHTML 1.0 Strict
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:32:54 +0200

Davi Leal wrote:
> The reality is that mobile devices does not work with XHTML:
>   http://simon.html5.org/articles/mobile-results

"HTML 4.01 Strict" and
"XHTML 1.0 Strict" are similar in most of the element types and attributes.

"HTML 4.01 Transitional" and
"HTML 4.01 Strict" are very very different.

Therefore, to support mobiles devices, we could use the work David is
realizing at the xhtml branch to get a "HTML 4.01 Strict" version of the web
site.

Later, at 2010 year, when all mobile devices support XHTML, we could 'easily'
move to it because both standards are similar.

Plan
====

  1. Finish the "HTML 4.01 Transitional" check.
     David, I am going to finish this task.

  2. Use the 'xhtml' CVS branch to develop the "HTML 4.01 Strict" version.
     David, if you agree, could you commit what you have to the xhtml branch,
     so I can help you?.

As usual flames are welcome,
http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html