gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] Reset self._modules_: dummy vs. all modules

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] Reset self._modules_: dummy vs. all modules
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 21:26:37 +0400

Hello everyone!

Working with variables inside gnulib-tool.sh and it's Python version, I've found that the default value for modules is 'dummy'. As I've found, dummy is a one of the available modules. As I've already seen it is really a dummy file. Now I want to ask you, what action shall resetModules() method do: set modules to dummy or set it to all modules? May be it would be a good idea to leave resetModules() method to set modules to ['dummy'] and another method to set modules to [module1, module2, ..., moduleN]? Or we can leave resetModules() method and introduce getAllModules() method, which returns list of all modules, so user can work with it later.

What do you think? I think it is a very important question for users who will use pygnulib module in the future, so we need to discuss it. I'm thinking about the last way, but I want to hear your opinion. Thanks!