gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] Dependencies contain comments and variables

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] Dependencies contain comments and variables
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 02:19:11 +0400

Hi Bruno,

I've found something strange inside code where we get dependencies. The problem is that old gnulib code seems to return comments and different shell code with dependencies.

Example from strnlen:

Depends-on:
string
extensions
memchr-obsolete [test $HAVE_DECL_STRNLEN = 0 || test $REPLACE_STRNLEN = 1]

That return such list of string:
[
  'string',
  'extensions',
  'memchr-obsolete [test $HAVE_DECL_STRNLEN = 0 || test $REPLACE_STRNLEN = 1]]'
]

Also it grabs comments (example from fseeko):

extensions
largefile
lseek
stdio
sys_types
# Just to guarantee consistency between fseek() and fseeko().
fseek

As for comments we can exclude them (it is a very simple thing), but what we need to do with [test $HAVE_DECL_STRNLEN = 0 || test $REPLACE_STRNLEN = 1]] strings? Am I right that it is a conditional dependency that is added if condition in brackets is True? sed_extract_prog seems to extract it, but I can't find the code which processes such directives.