gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Dependencies with different conditions

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Dependencies with different conditions
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 23:33:33 +0400

Hi Bruno,

I've read your message several times and I'd be very glad if you tell me that I've understood you correctly.

For each module A in specified modules (user-defined +cached if not --import):
  1. If module A not in avoids, we add it to self.modulecache and store that module is unconditional (set its condition to None; in old gnulib-tool we set condition to 'true' in such cases).
  2. Then we get dependencies of the module, split them into modules and conditions and for each module B we do:
    1). If module is user-defined one or has no conditions, we set condition to None.
    2). If conddeps and testflags are disabled, we just add user-specified modules and the ones which have no conditions.
    3). If testflags are enabled and conddeps are disabled, we disable modules which testflag is disabled.
    4). If testflags and conddeps are both enabled: if module has condition, then we store somewhere that there is a condition from A to B and this condition is a string, else we add module as unconditional. We do it only if testflag of the module is disabled.
    5) Go to the next module B and repeat from 1).
  3. Go to the next turn and repeat from 1.

Is it what you mean? Sorry for being so slow to understand, maybe it's because I'm a philologist. :-)