Re: [Gnumed-devel] Popup menu on notebook

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Popup menu on notebook
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 17:34:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > Karsten, have you decided on how the chosen plugins are stored in
> > > configuration?
> > Currently hacking on it like mad :-)
> Hilmar,
>
> a paragraph on how to set this up is to follow in the
> usual TODO file.
>
> I wonder if we shouldn't split the User Manual into the true
> Users' Manual and an Administrator's Guide as PostgreSQL does ?
> All the config stuff should go there IMHO.
Not a bad idea, indeed.
However,if we split up the User's Manual right now I tend to believe that
there wont be too much lines left in the User's manual ;-).
Probably it would read 'wait until the first stable version is made
public'.
Currently all want-to-be users must possess enough skills to install the
packages needed und get the database up and running.
Maybe we should have two main sections in User Manual for now
('Installation&Config' and 'Gnumed Manual'), the latter one describing
only what to do once gnumed has had it's primary setup on a machine.

Hilmar