Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed architecture

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed architecture
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:14:04 +1000

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 21:36, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> differently, namely doing audit trailing by means of triggers
> inside the database (such as we do). That approach will likely
> not scale well with increasing network size.

I disagree.

It scales nicely thanks to the break-up into services. Since write access is
generally infrequent (in terms of GHz clocked processors and 100MBit
networks) even in the largest hospitals, I see no problems.
Problems may arise when you attempt to scale up to a whole national health
system - but you can beat even that with proper hardware.

Horst