Re: [Gnumed-devel] LDT importer

From: Jürgen Schuhmacher
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] LDT importer
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 05:19:47 +0200

Hello, first of all, thanks for the links.

Now I am a bit more familiar with LDT and also with the database. I
stumbled over it, searching the list of satisfied users of the
wxwidgets' site.

Well, my task was in the field of whole blood processing and pre donor
screening, where I dealed with data formats given by DGTI
(transfusion medicine) for instance and also the possible interfaces to
existing blood software.

With gnumed I first thought of aqiring data obtained from medical
devices / blood checkers, which are also used in doctor's offices, but
gnumed is mostly intended for organisation / financial purposes in the
offices (?)

I do not yet know which data is held in gnu-med in detail, but a
possible link to my field could be the donors personal data and maybe
some blood data - especially when patients data is stored on magnetic
cards totally.

Focussing the other direction, critical issues of a person might be
handled in the database and exported to a donor's identity card.
In this case, the doctor beeing responsible for donation, might
have more information present. Currently most things are handled
with paper management.

The DGTI website (http://www.dgti.de/start.htm) has some information
on that.

regards Jürgen