Re: [Gnumed-devel] The Empty Head Photo PIcture

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] The Empty Head Photo PIcture
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:24:59 +0200

> The important thing is for the user to not worry that they may
> accidentally delete the original or source photo.
That's precisely why I don't like remove or delete.

> Maybe Detach?
OK for me.

> assume we are here talking about the Image Browser dialog
> not the Aquire Import Export Delete
Both, actually. Primarily the popup, however.

> - can it be spelt Acquire or was it purposely Aquire
brit vs aussie vs US hashout, I suppose

solvable with gettext, though

> - is this set of functions spanning two-levels i.e.
> - - management of images in a master database
No.

> - - linking / unlinking of photos to individual patients?
Only this.

> It is not very clear.
Exactly.

There is one catch:

A(c)quire will capture a pic from a device (camera/scanner),
put it in the database AND link it as the latest patient
mugshot.