Re: [Gnumed-devel] tracking status of "blob" style path results

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] tracking status of "blob" style path results
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:32:12 +0100

> >- test_result already has a fk_doc which can be used to link
> >  to a doc_med.pk
> Yes, you forgot to wind that one back ;-)
Shall I desist the urge to claim that I intentionally left it
in or shan't I ?  :-))

> >- test_result.val_alpha is a TEXT - as long as your incoming
> >  path stuff is text I am fine with it being stored there,
> >  actually
> OK, that's good. In principle, I still want tracking for binary blobs (faxes
> and scanned stuff),
In principle you are absolutely correct. We'll have that,
eventually.

> Linking lab_result.fk_doc->med_doc->doc_obj seems a little ugly, but if
> that's considered the "least worst" solution I'm happy with it.
I'd say, simply go ahead using lab_result.val_alpha and let's
see what comes of this.

> I still need a simple table for unmatched results, something like:
Will do.

> Oh, and I was thinking, could we have a backend table for client logs? This
> could help for
> clients running in 'strange' places where they can't have their own
> file-based log.
Will add a table. You'll have to write the logger, though, if
you want it.