Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed summer programming and google sponsor

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed summer programming and google sponsor
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:31:25 +0200

I read this through and I would be willing to serve as mentor. I realize it
will my workload which is too big already but it at least benefits GNUmed.

I don't expect more than one applicant to be honest so I guess I can handle
it.

The mentoring organization must do the following:
Create a pool of ideas for students to choose from.
        mini projects in the wiki
        can be dicscussed with applicant
        The apllicant can forward ideas as well

Have a person available to take in student ideas should they not find
something that appeals to them.
        I can serve as this person but we will discuss this on the list

 Have a person available to review the incoming applications marked for that
organization and decide who should go forward with the effort.
        I guess we can handle that

 Have a person to monitor the progress of the students and mentor them as the
project goes forward.
        That would be me

 Have a person ready to take over for that person in the event they go on
vacation, are hit by a bus, etc...
        ah, My replacement. I don't plan on leaving this world but we should
not fail
on this requirement

 Be able to tell us about the developer, how they worked with the group, if
they should be invited back should we do another summer of code, etc..
        I can do that. Everyone else can check the code and help me. It's an
open
process anyway.

Sebastian