Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ....

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ....
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:42:20 +1100

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:25:49 pm Dave Cramer wrote:
> Ok, at this point I have 1.7 installed and running. I can take one of
> James' files and do a file input, file output . Has anyone managed to
> figure out anything else ?

Do you mean you can take the hl7 file and having created a reader/
transformer, write to postgres, including all the OBR/OBX segments??

If so I'd like to see your code/talk to you as I became eternally frustrated
with this after Karsten pointed me in the MIRTH direction a week ago. Looks
like a fabulous program.

I'm in the process of wanting to scrap all my patholgoy/incoming paper but
hang on to my legancy database/records program.

I thought, looking at the transformer, that one would have to use java script
to do the segment parsing, and though I followed what seemed like some good
examples on the web site, couldn't get it to work past writing the patients
name/addres/ etc.

Regards

Richard

PS Karsten, see, I still keep up with gnMed on a daily basis, though I lurk in
the background.