Re: [Gnumed-devel] Adding new address widget and new patient creation wi

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Adding new address widget and new patient creation widgets
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:33:52 +0200

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 01:40:47PM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> 4. after creating the zip code (well, postal code) "v6s 1r9" in one
> address, I tried creating a second address and would have thought that
> after typing "v6" and re-using from the phrasewheel (though I cannot see
> it :-)) the value "v6s 1r9" this does not helpfully pre-populate any of
> the street, direction (West), state or country.

It does not pre-populate the fields but it usefully
restricts their match list. If your press cursor down in any
of the dependant fields (street, place, region, country) it
(should) display the likely values at the top of the
selections. This, however, needed a fix to the phrasewheel
sql which exists in the latest CVS HEAD only.

> 5. my country Canada though I think it even existed among phrasewheel
> values, is shown as Kanata.
You probably mean "Kanada" - which is the German term. The
any-doc user on salaam is set to "de_DE" hence the German
suggestion. At startup GNUmed compares the database setting
with the local setting and asks to change the database
setting if the two don't match. If this is denied by the
user it records that decision in the config file and does
not ask again next time around...

> It occurs to me that I with pointers I can start to assemble a list of
> "testing to production clean-up procedures".
Sounds useful.

> 6. Can the required fields' labels be coloured red?
Sure. Whereat ?