Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:06:10 +0200

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 07:40:41AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>> OTOH, the doctor is using the wrong tool (but we don't yet
>> have the tool she should use ;-)  She should use the tool
>> which lists:
>>
>> encounter 1
>>  episode X1 in issue X
>>  episode Y1 in issue Y
>> encounter 2
>>  episode X1 in issue X
>> encounter 3
>>  episode X2 in issue X
>> encounter 4
>>  episode Y1 in issue Y
>>
>> IOW, the continuity-of-care tree rather than the
>> state-of-health tree we got.
>
> add to roadmap (v0.6 or future) to be a plugin labeled "ENC tree"?

- future
- not a separate plugin but a "group mode" for the existing
  EMR tree browser which would then have radio buttons at the top
  (like the docs tree)
   "group by (*) problem   () care process"
  or some such

>>> In some cases the patient would be referring us to something they are
>>> sure they had previously told us, or that we had advised them or had
>>> told us that we planned to do. They may remind us that it was in a
>>> phone
>>> call or that it had been in a visit or that it was something that Dr
>>> was going to discuss with us.
>> For that particular quest we should offer a total
>> longitudinal listing (we already do, it's the Journal View)
>> and a per-issue longitudinal listing (think all relevant
>> encounter data concatenated at the right when clicking on an
>> issue or episode node.
>
> the capacity to search the text displayed in a pane might be invaluable
We already have a rough search accessible from the EMR menu
but so far it lacks the ability to transfer focus to the
appropriate part of the record. It does list context data,
however.

The capacity to search the right hand frame in the browser
nonetheless is a wishlist(future) item

> I have been thinking it could be very handy, within a notes viewer
> (whether Journal or other form) to be able to filter the content by type
> of row (s o a p or ellipsis ...) this could help more easily review
>
> - symptoms or other subjective information
> - previous physical examinations
> - previous thinking (assessment)
> - previous plans, some details of which may have escaped doing

Sure.

Regarding the Journal I am very hesitant to spend too much
effort on making it much smarter. This view really only came
into existance to show doctors whither badness in contextual
display they came from ! (Or to show them that even with all
the new-fangled structure business we can still do their
trusty ole sequential scrollity easily should they wish to
languish in agony.)