Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.5.rc4 and G NUmed > Users�

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.5.rc4 and G NUmed > Users…
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:58:52 +0200

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 08:19:25AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>       Patient > Enlist as staff
>
> 1) This should be "Enlist as user"
>
> 2) Resulting dialog (window) titlebar (screenshot) should be changed
> from
>
>       Enlist current patient as staff member

>       Enlist as user
>
> 3) Label inside window should be
>
>       About to add (enlist) as user:
>
> 4) Below the person summary, in place of "To enlist this person…"
> can we instead say simply:
>
>       User parameters:
>
> and
> - make the labels red (as mandatory)
> - make "Short alias" into "Alias (2-4 chars):"

All done.

> - in view of GNUmed elsewhere using the label and dialog "Database"
> in reference to the the gm-dbo password can we alter "Database
> account" and "Database password" into
>       User account
>       User password
>       User password, again

Since it now says "User parameters:" above it seems quite
obvious that this refers to the user in creation/edition.
Also the tooltips say so (which I have improved somewhat).

>       Users > Edit user
>
> by default lists currently-active accounts, but deactivated users
> cannot be reactivated in this widget because they cannot be brought
> into focus (even via Person > Enlist).

Deactivated users can be activated by selecting them and
pressing [Activate] ?

> Maybe the Edit user pane should list ALL users (including
> deactivated) with the activation status as a column.

Unless I misunderstand what you mean by "deactivated" - it
does ? The activation status is right there -- gray is
deactivated, red is faulty. The rightmost column "Status"
shows that as well.