[Gnumed-devel] 'Add' of a new encounter - failure to update pop-up and a

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] 'Add' of a new encounter - failure to update pop-up and also how to undo?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 23:01:22 +0000

After opening the list of existing encounters on a patient with the purpose of
editing the type of the current encounter, I accidentally clicked 'Add' with
the result that this opened up an editor to allow me to input the details.

In the same session, I was wanting to attach a document which somehow GNUmed
had failed to auto-attach. This begs a separate question as to whether there
are any known conditions in which GNUmed fails to do this, or whether my
situation needs more testing to try to reproduce??

Anyhow, after clicking the wrong button ('Add'), what I observed was despite
that I knew right away it was a mistake -- and so clicked the Cancel button --
it was too late. The encounter which I had been intending to edit had already
been ended (its times were 15:34 - 15:54), and the new encounter created (15:35
- 15:35).

Except the newest encounter does not appear in the upper right pop-up list.
Even after I searched a different patient and then returned to the patient of
concern. However when I pop open the list of encounters, the newest one

        review chart 15:45 - 15:45

continues to be listed at the bottom.

Possibly there is a bug. I have sent my log to Karsten.

However, even with any bugs fixed, I would like to suggest that accidental
creation of a new encounter is very disruptive.

So… can it be made possible that the new encounter is not created until after
the user exists the dialog pressing *Save* instead of *Cancel*?

-- Jim