gnurobots

Re: GNU Robots Patches to Contribute

From: Joshua Judson Rosen
Subject: Re: GNU Robots Patches to Contribute
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 03:19:39 -0500

Matt--

Sorry for the ridiculously long response time on this--
a lot of stuff sort of fell apart here over the summer of 2020, and a lot of
things that had
`next week' sort of timeframes fell through the cracks in pretty severe ways
(and unfortunately yours is one of a number of inquiries that was left hanging
for months on end).

I've finally been able to start getting back up to speed just over the
lastcouple of months,
and have finally resumed pushing out fixes into git that have been stuck in my
queue.

Looking through your patch...:

        https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?9956

... OMG--you really did have some time to work through a lot of stuff!

I love that you've added a texinfo manual and commented the API, updated to
GTK3...,
in addition to nearly everything else that I'd originally hoped to work on in
2020.

Do you still have some time for this? Is there any chance that could split the
patch up
into a series of git commits with comments summarizing what's changing and why--
and then maybe post the patch series to the list here with "git send-email"?

Actually, it would be great to have someone to help out on an ongoing basis,
if you still have the interest/availability?