gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] Gnuspeech's nasal tract

From: seedpress
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] Gnuspeech's nasal tract
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

Professor Hill,

I hope this isn't too far off the gnuspeech topics: I'm wondering, if one were to eliminate the nasal tract and the three-way junction portions of the tube model, then how much would that effect the quality and intelligibility of the resultant speech?

On a different note, due to the expense of buying a Mac, I've not yet run the Mac binary you were kind enough to make available; still hope to do so eventually, though.  In the meantime, I've noted that the Linux/Gnustep version is moving along well.

Thanks again for your devotion to the gnuspeech project and for your excellent work.

Robert Hamilton
aka seedpress