gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Some indications about portability

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Some indications about portability
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:35:27 -0800

Hi Greg,

Bad news I am afraid (in the short term). Marcelo tells me that the Speech Server was *not* ported to GNUStep (also "Synthesizer" is apparently not the current version in the GNUStep trunk). It was the most recent addition to the Mac OS X trunk. This *has* to be a priority for GNUStep. I'll try to determine what, if any, are the blocks to getting the TTS Server onto GNUStep and see what can be done. The Server is crucial for adding text-to-speech output to arbitrary Apps.

It may be as simple as porting what already exists for the OS X version, but using Jack (jackaudio.org) for output because of the absence of Core Audio under GNUStep.

Any comments, Marcelo?

david
--------
David Hill
--------
Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures  (Tao Te Ching #67)
---------