Re: Summer of Code 2007

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Summer of Code 2007
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:57:03 +0100

Nicola Pero wrote:
> I looked at the stuff, and the money is pretty good for students -- it looks
> like
> it's 4,500 USD in total for the Summer job ? :-)
>
> Can we add 'Writing a Renaissance GUI Builder' to the list of tasks ?  I
> volunteer
> mentoring a student doing that.  It's a pretty tough job though, so only
> determined
> people! ;-)

No, lets not write a new GUI Builder here, but add a plugin to Gorm that
is capable of reading and writing Renaissance files and of handling the
layout elements. Reading will be fairly easy, it is the writing that is
hard as we only want the changed attributes to show up. And if we have a
solution for that, I would also like to see that used for keyed value
encoding. The only idea I have here is to create a default object of the
same class and only write out the attributes that are changed from the
default, but event that may be to much information.

Fred