Cross-compiling GNUstep?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Cross-compiling GNUstep?
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 12:56:12 +0000

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to cross-compile GNUstep, and since I'm sure I'm not the first
person to try this, I wondered if anyone had written up how to do it?  I am
trying to build from FreeBSD/amd64 for FreeBSD/MIPS64.  I have a cross-compiler
and sysroot setup.  Building the runtime was trivial - just point cmake at the
cross-compile toolchain file - what do I need to do for Make / base so that:

- It knows that I don't actually want -make on the target platform.
- I get an installed version somewhere on my local machine that I can copy to a
different location on the remote
- All of the correct cross-compile flags are passed to the compiler

I think Ivan has been through all of this recently for Android?

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103