Re: GNUstep releases this month?

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GNUstep releases this month?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 15:40:12 +0000

I am thinking of doing it this weekend, any objection?

sent from phone

On Wed 3 Mar 2021, 20:05 Riccardo Mottola, <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> I haven't actually tested, but I did look at the diffs and read up on the difference between Get/SetWindowLong and Get/SetWindowLongPtr, and it all makes sense to me ... I was unable to reproduce the problem on my system simply because, thorugh chance, the windows the system was giving me all existed in the low part of the address space.
> The only error is spotted in the change was in WIN32Server.m when styling a popup window ... here LONG (32bit) is used to hold the style information, where the API requires LONG_PTR (64bit).
> This would have the catastrophic effect of losing style information for popup windows for all those many users of 64bit windows on a big-endian CPU :-)

really catastrophic. Since 64bit is only supported since Windows 2000, I
think that would restrict to  Alpha, since PPC was only supported in NT4
if I am right :) And no mingw outside intel, AFAIK.

Still, not elegant.. I think I just found the spot and addressed it in
my last commit.

I'll write some changelog and open a PR, just in time for the release!

Riccardo