gnuzilla-dev

Re: housekeeping changes

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: housekeeping changes
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 21:52:23 -0500

bill-auger writes:

> On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 12:34:43 +0100 MichaƂ wrote:
>> they would also require aliasing sed into gsed and make into gmake,
>> so I would say it's not up to us and this script to take care of this
>
> doing so would not be difficult or problematic - the
> validate_env() function was added to warn about any common
> inadequacies with the build environment, and to abstract away
> the differences across distros - if people want those BSD
> abstractions, they could be handled in the same way as
> 'RENAME_CMD'

Thanks to you both for your comments and suggested fixes!  I've merged
the patches into the 'master' branch along with those fixes and deleted
the temporary branch.

I personally don't currently have enough time on my hands to pursue
building on other platforms, but I'd happily accept patches for making
makeicecat work on those other platforms if doing so would not incur
substantial additional complexity.

Cheers!