gpsd-dev

Re: warning of rushed release!

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: warning of rushed release!
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 19:27:53 -0800

Yo Greg!

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 21:54:02 -0500
Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I changed the subject so others will notice.  I assume you will wait
> 72h for people to test, and you and everyone else will stop making
> changes.

No need to panic.  Nothing scheduled yet.

I have been pushing for a month.  That is not a rush.

We have never had a written procedure, just working consensus.

I think we are converging on consensus, most of the offbeat distros are
now reported working well.  Except Qt5 on osX, which has never worked
and has no champion.

bzed has improved the CI pipelines so test coverage is much improved.

> My last build  was at 2432e70e17e2a92894a2a0b52ab5f62760652a0d

2 small, but good, fixes since then.  You will not notice them unless
you look hard.  bzed thinks he has an idea for the gpsfake issue.

No one has suggested that the gpsfake issue is a show stopper, but
would be great to be finally fixed.

Nothing else has been raised as a show stopper.  Fingers crossed.

If there is something to raise, sooner rather than later.

> I reread the POSIX specs.  I see that it's timeval that's in
> sys/time.h and time_t is in time.h.  So your fix is indeed right.

Which is why I read the specs first.  But testing is the final proof.

Please test!

> I updated and am now testing ebea42bf6e64de9889cff4f1e5c83232c8a3d972
> which is less than an hour old.

Pipeline stuff and doc tweaks.  Plus the IPv6 literal thing.  Give that
a good look.  It is in a rarely used dark corner.

I'm starting to feel real good about this one.  Every one needs to feel
real good about this one.  I don't want any "I told you so" on this
release.

Tell us when you hare happy.

RGDS
GARY