gpsd-dev

Re:

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re:
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 10:00:01 -0700

Yo артур!

On Wed, 03 Jun 2020 16:56:30 +0300
артур хайруллин <ya_dinamovec@mail.ru> wrote:

> I don’t have logs with caught events but i promise it happened. The
> problem is in very bad chips in receivers. ASAIC i’ll give you those
> logs. All my systems have gpspipe -R launched now

Yeah, we know how hard it is to catch weird stuff.

> Of course it shouldn’t happen in case of using at least 3 sources(i
> want to check it). But i have always used only one with SHM
> 127.127.28.1 and my wish is to simulate problem to see how this
> situation will be processed in case of 3 sources

chronyd is better tuned to working with just one source.  But no reason
NTPsec can't be improved.

> i’m listing gpsd 3.20 sources right now trying to find the order in
> which ntpshm_put, ntp_write are called. Maybe i can write them into
> gpsfake.py.

All you need is to call ntp_write().  Call it with the SHM pointer, the
"real" time and "clock" time. Done.  Converting that to python will be
interesting.

> Will it be not the worst way to solve my problem ? :) --

This is UNIX always many ways to solve the problem.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588