gpsd-dev

Re: ✘64-bit time_t on glibc 2.34 and up

From: Miroslav Lichvar
Subject: Re: ✘64-bit time_t on glibc 2.34 and up
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 12:46:10 +0100

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 01:39:01PM -0800, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> As for gpsd and libusb.h.  Gpsd uses none of the timeval calls that
> libusb offers.  NTPsec does not use libusb at all.

Ok, maybe gpsd is not impacted by the libraries it is using, but it
seems libgps is using some time_t fields, so they would need to be
replaced by int64_t or something to avoid breaking libgps applications
that don't use the same time_t.

> > gpsd could make it easier
> > for users compiling it themselves and check some known locations of
> > these global flags.
>
> I know of none.  If you do, please forward them to us.

I'm not aware of any glibc-based distributions that made the
switch yet. It seems Gentoo is considering few different options:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Toolchain/time64_migration

On rpm-based systems the flags might appear in output of "rpm -E
%{build_cflags}", but we won't know for sure until it happens.

--
Miroslav Lichvar