gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd newbie] Latitude/longitude/altitude are not repor

From: Kumar Vijay Mishra
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd newbie] Latitude/longitude/altitude are not reported in gps_data_t structure
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:49:09 -0700

Thanks Tom and Charles for your replies.

/  >/
/  > Am I missing anything here?  /
/ /
/ You forgot to tell us which version you're using./
/
// Judging by the code, this is an old (2.9x) version. In more recent
versions, the caller allocates the gpsdata structure.
/I am using 2.96 version. I couldn't get 3.0 compiled on my machine (x86_64,
CentOS 5.5, kernel 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5) and had to give up on that eventually
in favor of something working.

/> I see that there is no test of the return value from gps_open (). That might
tell you something./
gps_open returns a pointer to struct in this version, not an integer.

/> In your else clause, you should first examine gpsdata->set and only proceed
if you have valid fix data./
That's right and that's how I am actually doing it. But I modified the code
while posting it to show how I could still see the values of lat/long/alt.

I also noticed that the output of 'gpspipe -r' doesn't show GPGLL messages which
probably show the value of gpsdata->fix.status, right?

--
Regards,

Kumar Vijay Mishra