gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] UPDATED / NEW Linux gpsd LOGO....

From: Alan Scott
Subject: [gpsd-users] UPDATED / NEW Linux gpsd LOGO....
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 23:53:10 -0700

PER GEMiller:

I am sending to gpsd-users for opinions.....the current logo is a little bit circa 1984-ish so I decided to put what I am really good at to work for all....

I hope nobody is too upset at me for proposing a change / adjustment, anyway this is just a thought that I had, and wanted to run up the flag pole and see if anyone saluted....

So with some trepidation here goes.........< scroll down >

this was actually my first idea because it relates directly to the output of cgps or xgps (although I have never seen the output from xgps, I assume it is similar)....

The 3 satellites orbiting TUX were becoming a pain in the ass to deal with and get the depth/perspective to look good (I have not given up, I just want a better tool that InkScape to do it in....shhhhhl....don't tell Eric if I take it over to Illustrator for a quick bump and nudge) but that will have to wait till I have access to a system that has illustrator on it.....in the mean time i really like the map of the sats overhead and since it directly relates to something inside the software i though some might think it more relevant....

Any way let me know what you all think........

Scott A. Terner