gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Shared memory 'flags' set?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Shared memory 'flags' set?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:54:13 -0700

Yo Michael!

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:36:22 -0700
Michael Lum <address@hidden> wrote:

> I build the command like this:
>
> scons test_gpsmm

Thanks, that works.  The usage message does not show the
options you are giving it, but the code does 'support' it.

 # ./test_gpsmm -h
usage: ./test_gpsmm [-l n]

Running this

# ./test_gpsmm "shared memory"

Does indeed fail for me the way it fails for you.

Any idea why it fails?  I don't see it.

> Yes, I'm coming to the conclusion that I will have to check
> 'freshness' based on the information you gave me instead of on the
> flags.

Or, better yet, convert to the socket method instead of shared memory?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588