gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Where is my RTK fix?

From: pisymbol .
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Where is my RTK fix?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 20:11:20 -0400

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:54 PM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo pisymbol!

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 16:42:06 -0400
"pisymbol ." <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Field 6 is called the "Quality Indicator", which is split up into
> > "mode" and "status".
> >

> Right. But STATUS_RTK_FIX  (3) is what gpsd sets after parsing GGA
> NMEA in processGGA() (confirmed in gdb).
>
> So it looks like this issue was fixed in 3.19 but broken in 3.17-5,
> Confirmed by a custom build.

There never was a gpsd 3.17-5.  The RTK support is new, so not 'fixed',
but 'new'.

I suspect the '-5' is Ubuntu build 5 etc.

Gotcha about RTK support. Sounds like 3.19 is where I need to be.

> Gary, is there any reason why 3.19 hasn't been pushed upstream so
> 18.04+ (and <insert your favorite distro here>) just installs it
> automatically? This is a bit frustrating that I have to build gpsd
> from source to pick up a fix like this.

I have no idea why some distros are so slow to pick up our new code.
Many still ship 3.16 and older.  3.17 has known CVE, no one should use
it.  Feel free to submit a bug to your distro maintainers.

Gary, I might just do that! Thanks!

-aps