gpsd-users

Fw: GPS Sync Outage

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Fw: GPS Sync Outage
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 10:14:40 -0800

Yo All!

It seems a lot of GNSS receivers failed over the weekend.  An issue
with GLONASS week roll over.  See below.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 09:00:59 -0800
From: "Forrest Christian (List Account)" <address@hidden>
To: Bryton Herdes <address@hidden>
Cc: nanog list <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: GPS Sync Outage

Over the weekend, tests confirmed that all of these issues are related
to a end of the year GLONASS day rollover bug in the GNSS receiver.  A
power cycle seems to correct it until the next rollover in 2024.

 If you're still seeing these issues then power cycle the device using a
method appropriate to the device.  On the RackInjector in particular
 there is a power control button on the GNSS statusimulation screen.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 8:50 AM Bryton Herdes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> I saw a similar issue today with Cambium PMP450i___s losing sync from
> our PacketFlux rack injectors. May not be useful information to you
> know considering there___s chatter about this already on social media.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bryton J. Herdes
> Network Engineer
> Jackson Electric Cooperative
> 100 Cooperative Way
> Bay City, TX 77414
>

> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
> contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
> review, copy, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you
> are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
>
> On Dec 31, 2019, at 4:08 PM, Matt Hoppes <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Is anyone else seeing GPS timing source outages across the U. S. In
> the last two hours?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Over the weekend, tests confirmed that all of these issues are related to a end of the year GLONASS day rollover bug in the GNSS receiver.  A power cycle seems to correct it until the next rollover in 2024.

 If you're still seeing these issues then power cycle the device using a method appropriate to the device.  On the RackInjector in particular there is a power control button on the GNSS statusimulation screen.

I saw a similar issue today with Cambium PMP450i’s losing sync from our PacketFlux rack injectors. May not be useful information to you know considering there’s chatter about this already on social media.

Thanks,

Bryton J. Herdes
Network Engineer
Jackson Electric Cooperative
100 Cooperative Way
Bay City, TX 77414

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Is anyone else seeing GPS timing source outages across the U. S. In the last two hours?