gpsd-users

Re: Duplicate or near-duplicate messages on u-blox M8

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Duplicate or near-duplicate messages on u-blox M8
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:11:38 -0800

Yo Luke!

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 04:49:43 -0700
Luke Hutchison <address@hidden> wrote:

> *Actually it is the binary protocol, not the NMEA protocol, that has
> the problem.*

Everythong you do not understand is not a problem.

> 4. In terminal 2, switched the device mode from the default
> ("native":1) to NMEA ("native":0).

Sigh.  As I pointed out to you on the nmea:true thing, the same applies
here.  The native flag does not change anything about how the receiver
talks to gpsd.  It only sets what gpsd sends to the client.

You keep tripping over your own bad assupmtions about what is happening.

> Changing the "native" flag usually
> takes a couple of attempts (or maybe I didn't wait long enough). Sent
> characters are in red, the response is in green, and important parts
> are bolded and underlined in the response.

Sadly, none of your text formatting survived email.  So I'll stop
reading now.  Useless.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588