gpsd-users

Re[2]: NTPsec reports excessive jitter from GPSD/KPPS SHM

From: Nick Burkitt
Subject: Re[2]: NTPsec reports excessive jitter from GPSD/KPPS SHM
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 17:36:48 +0000

Hi Greg.

My understanding (if that's not too strong a word) is that gpsd assigns two shared memory units for each device (as declared on the gpsd comman dline). Since I've got only GPS on one device (/dev/ttyACM4), and only PPS on one device (/dev/pps0), gpsd assigns two pairs of shared memory units (0 and 1, 2 and 3), and only one half of each pair (0 and 2) is actually used.

-Nick