gpsd-users

Re: Build results on just-released Debian 64bit for Raspberry Pi

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Build results on just-released Debian 64bit for Raspberry Pi
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 12:38:44 -0700

Yo Paul!

On Sun, 31 May 2020 12:33:32 -0700
Paul Theodoropoulos via <gpsd-users@nongnu.org> wrote:

> > Raspbian is based on Debian, but not the same is many ways.
>
> David didn't write that, I did. And I didn't conflate the two, I was
> specific and precise in my wording, clearly identifying it as Debian,
> not Raspbian, which is factual and correct.

Sorry for the attribution confusion.  I'm concerned about the content,
not who ssaid.

It was said:

> The Raspberry Pi Foundation has released a Debian 64 bit OS beta:

The Raspberry Pi foundation does not release Debian, The Debian project
releases Debian.  There has been much confusion here of late about
which "Buster"s we are talking about.  We need to be very, very clear,
every time, which is which, as we keep confusing the newbies.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588