gpsd-users

Re: Question about gpsd library/linking for an external gpsd client?

From: Curtis Olson
Subject: Re: Question about gpsd library/linking for an external gpsd client?
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 11:47:03 -0500

Thanks for the quick response.  [googling]: pkgsrc is a netbsd thing?  I am running fedora 32 here (yum/dnf) which ships an older version of gpsd (v3.19).  I need some recent changes in git master, so I am hoping to build/install from source here.  scons install doesn't seem to install libgps.a.   I suppose if I stopped and thought, I could cp things manually into proper locations so they are there, but I'd like a more general purpose approach, especially if I did something wrong.  Maybe for now I'll just use the raw socket interface on port 2947.  I just need to read the message stream and don't need to do anything fancy or two-way.

Thanks,

Curt.