gpsd-users

Re: gpsd + chrony + pps

From: Dan Williams
Subject: Re: gpsd + chrony + pps
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:46:00 -0400

> I found the chrony.pps0.sock trick here:

1.
First off, there is also the official gpsd howto on this -- https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/gpsd-time-service-howto.html -- it's not without issue, but it tends to be up-to-date.

2.
It's important to distinguish between the input socket (is GPSD receiving the PPS signal?) and the output  (is gpsd communicating PPS signal to chrony?)
"chrony.pps0.sock" is the latter.  It's an output signal from gpsd to chrony.

What steps have you progressed through, to verify that the PPS signal is being received by the OS?

Daniel Williams  |  Software Engineer