gpsd-users

Re: gpsd + chrony + pps

From: Stéphane Péneau
Subject: Re: gpsd + chrony + pps
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 21:07:32 +0200

Hi Gary!

I don't really have a problem as I can get pps in chrony with at least 3 methods, kpps, shm, socket :

Let's start with coarse time :

refclock SHM 0 refid GNSS offset 0.2 delay 0.2 noselect

Then i can add any of these 3 lines to add PPS, and it will work:

refclock SHM 1 lock GNSS refid PPS precision 1e-9
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.pps0.sock refid PPS2 lock GNSS
refclock PPS /dev/pps0 refid PPS3 lock GNSS

For the socket method, i can't use chrony.tty***.sock it doesn't work

But it is what it is indicated in the chrony documentation
https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/doc/3.5/chrony.conf.html

Or in the gpsd documentation :
https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/gpsd-time-service-howto.html#_feeding_chrony_from_gpsd

So my question is :
Is there a misunderstanding on my side, or is there a mistake in the documentation?

Stéphane