gpsd-users

Re: Web page updates following recent discussions

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: Web page updates following recent discussions
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 11:35:52 +0000

On 19/01/2021 19:31, Gary E. Miller wrote:
There has been lots of earlier discussion on this with ntpviz providing
read data.  I suggest you setup ntpviz and collect real data.

RGDS
GARY

Thanks for that pointer, Gary. I've been collecting NTP data for some years now, and I'm basically happy with this.

My thoughts at the moment are:

- to disable the OS from setting the RTC - I gather there's an 11-minute time controlling this

- to have the RTC cause an interrupt (say every minute) and record the PPS-disciplined system time when that happens.

There's no suggestion of using the RTC to control system time other than at initial power-up. It's more an exercise to measure the RTC itself.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk