gpsd-users

Re: Strange troubles with emulation

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Strange troubles with emulation
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 11:23:10 -0800

Yo Владимир!

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 13:27:50 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 21.01.2021 04:23, Gary E. Miller пишет:
> > How can I tell when you do not send me the changed file?
>
> Well. For clear look -- do You have any objection to
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline ?

Uh, lost me.  What is your point?

> If not --

Since I do not understand you point, I'll guess here.

> do you want to have log file with Windows-style newline?

I want the log file EXACTLY as you feed it to gpsfake, gpsdecode, etc.

gpsfake, gpsdecode want it to confirm to NMEA 0183.

> If yes --

Ditto, I'm not sure what your "yea" means.

> why is this important for `gpsfake -c 1 nmea.log` command?

NMEA demands NMES 0183 sentences start with $ and end with <CR><NL>.

gpsd conforms to what specs that it knows about.

No one asked me my opinion before writing the spec.  The spec is the spec.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588