gpsd-users

Re: Strange troubles with emulation

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Strange troubles with emulation
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 16:08:08 -0800

Yo Владимир!

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 02:51:39 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 22.01.2021 02:13, Gary E. Miller пишет:
> >> After this, I run `gpspipe -R -n 200 > raw.log`
> >> Result -- in the attachment.
> >
> > Yes.  But the problem has already come, and gone.
> >
> >> I cut first three rows from raw.log and run `gpsfake -c 1 raw.log`
> >>
> >> I see that gpspipe -R return ok NMEA flow,
> >
> > Not ok.  Wrong line endings.  But this time you have good JSON.
>
> `gpspipe -R -n 200 > raw.log` created wrong line endings?

Dunno,  I'll look later.  What matters is you got gpsd JSON, that should
be what you want.  Right?

> >> gpspipe -w return:
[...]
> > Looks good.
> >
> > So what again is your problem now?
> >

> If you looked at the raw.log You would see cycled repetition of
> sentences RMC GGA VTG GSA. Not "no fix" case present.
> But JSON TPV has "mode":1 and "mode":3 alternately.

Look again.

    "mode":1 means No FIX.
    "mode":3 means 3D FIX.

This is expalined in "man gpsd_json" or online here:

    https://gpsd.io/gpsd_json.html

Scroll down to the "TPV" section.

I have not updated that page to .adoc yet.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588