gpsd-users

Re: Strange troubles with emulation

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Strange troubles with emulation
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:02:19 -0800

Yo Владимир!

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 17:53:41 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> И что было пургу гнать?
> Sorry for my Russian rude words.

All I could get was something about a snowstorm/blizzard.  Since I am still
digging out from the last snowstorm, I understand.

> 29.01.2021 03:18, Gary E. Miller пишет:
> > gpsd knows that you can not have any fix at all with zero satellites
> > in use, so gpsd sets "No Fix" ("mode":1).
>
> I trust that You have a strong reason for this decision.

Looking in the logs, that has been there a long time.  It is a good
sanity check.  There is so much flakey NMEA that sanity checks are good.

> Ok, I created a nmea log with RMC sentences only. Yes, it plays
> smoothly by any log player. gpsd reported about 2D fix.

And since RMC has lat/lon, but no alt, the 2D is correct.  It is what you
have.

Easier to fix your GGA, set sats used to 4.  One line of sed could do
that.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588